The pulp at the center of your tooth is what keeps it healthy and alive. The structure of your tooth can be preserved without the pulp, but if the pulp becomes infected, you can experience pain, swelling and problems that can reach beyond your smile. If you have noticed the signs of a tooth infection, call Holladay Smiles at 801-278-4431 for an appointment with our dentist. Dr. Michael T. Smith can see you for a root canal treatment in Millcreek, Utah.
Nervous about your upcoming treatment? Ask our team about sedation dentistry in Salt Lake City.
Root canal treatment is a dental procedure used to save a damaged or infected tooth. The procedure involves removing the damaged or infected pulp from inside the tooth and replacing it with a filling material to prevent further damage or infection.
Here are some key benefits of root canal treatment:
- Pain relief: Root canal treatment can relieve the pain and discomfort associated with a damaged or infected tooth.
- Saves the tooth: Root canal treatment can save a damaged or infected tooth from needing to be extracted.
- Prevents infection: Root canal treatment removes the infected pulp, preventing the infection from spreading to other teeth or the jawbone.
- Restores tooth function: After the procedure, the tooth can be restored with a crown or filling, allowing you to use the tooth normally.
- Improves oral health: Root canal treatment can improve overall oral health by removing the source of infection and preventing further damage or decay.
At our dental practice, our experienced dentist will perform a thorough evaluation to determine if root canal treatment is the best option for your damaged or infected tooth. The procedure typically involves several appointments, including the removal of the infected pulp, the placement of a filling material, and the placement of a dental crown or filling to restore the tooth.
Our dental team uses the latest techniques and technology to ensure a comfortable and successful treatment process. We understand that root canal treatment can be intimidating, but we will work with you to ensure that you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
If you are experiencing tooth pain or suspect that you may have a damaged or infected tooth, schedule a consultation with our dental team today. We will evaluate your oral health and discuss all of your treatment options so you can make an informed decision about your dental care.